Practical Tips for Getting Around in Cuba!
Currency & Rates
Just in Case…
Cuba is a hot, humid, and rainy island, except for the months of January and February. Unless you are on the coast, or in the mountains, the weather year round is similar to summer weather in Atlanta, New Orleans, or Miami.
- Please make an effort to drink bottled water. This is especially true outside of Havana.
- Napkins, tissues, and toilet paper are sometimes scarce in Cuba, you may want to carry your own.
- Try to always carry a small bar of soap for hand washing. Most bathrooms in Havana have running water, but many do not have soap. If not make sure to have hand sanitizer with you.
- When ordering from a menu it is often best to ask what is available, rather than just ordering, oftentimes certain items listed are not available.
- Be extra careful crossing the street, pedestrians are usually not given the right of way!